Head Teacher at Hyland House School, Tottenham, North London
Due to the redeployment of our successful and much-loved Head teacher, the Governors of Hyland House School invite applications for the position of Head Teacher starting in September 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious leader with a passionate interest in curriculum development, who will be willing to build on the school’s many achievements. The new Head will take over a vibrant school offering a well-rounded education with a team of committed and dedicated teachers.
Our school is highly regarded in the local and our church community and by inspectors for its Christian ethos and high academic standards.
The new individual takes over a school which has achieved the following (Ofsted November 2018):
- OUTSTANDING for Early Years
- GOOD for Key Stages 1 and 2
- GOOD for Effectiveness of leadership and management
- GOOD for Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- GOOD for Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- GOOD for Outcomes for pupils
The school has also achieved the highest accrediting award of 5 years, Adventist Accrediting Association (AAA) Inspection (April 2019).
The Governors are keen to appoint someone who will continue to enhance and develop the School and promote its academic results, market it effectively and ensure that the highest standards are achieved in every aspect of school life. At the same time, the new Head will need to develop his or her own vision and plans for the future and inspire and engage with pupils, staff, parents, alumni and other members of the School community.
The Head teacher will be responsible to the Governing Body. The Governors are aware of the challenges which face all independent schools and are looking for an individual who displays exceptional leadership and staff management qualities as well as an ability to recruit pupils in a market-place that is subject to increasing pressures. The Governors are keen to appoint a person with the ability to work as leader of the School but who will be excited by their role in defining the strategic plan for the future. Our aim is to provide a holistic education and develop the talents and abilities of every child.
Our school community is looking for someone who:
- Has a clear vision and commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist ethos and the inclusion of all learners
- The successful candidate is required to be a practicing Seventh-day Adventist
- Has a strong personal faith which will enrich the life of the school
- Has proven leadership skills that encourage, support and challenge the work of the school and bring new innovative ideas to further improve our practice
- Is an effective communicator with good inter-personal skills who will support and inspire pupils, staff, governors and parents/guardians
- Have evidence of excellent classroom practice across the curriculum
- Have experience of working with pupils who are gifted and talented and with those who have additional needs
- Have clear philosophy and the ability to put it into practice
- Be hard working with a good sense of humour
- Be willing to uphold the Christian Seventh-day Adventist ethos of the school
- Has experience in the UK School system and has the right to work in the UK
If you feel called to join the team in this successful school please request an Application form, Job Description and Person Specification by either emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Mrs Jacqui Crawford, South England Conference, 25 St Johns Road, Watford, Herts. WD17 1PZ.
Application deadline – Friday 1st November 2019